INTERMEDIATE FOOD SAFETY TRAINING
LEVEL 3 AWARD IN FOOD SAFETY SUPERVISION
(Formerly the Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate)
A Four Day Course
All who supervise food handlers or manage food operations.
To equip course members with the knowledge required to operate a food business in an effective and hygienic manner.
Awarding Bodies and Assessment Requirements
There is a choice of the Awarding Body and assessment requirements for this qualification, clients may choose as follows:
- The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) requires the satisfactory completion of a 2 hour multiple choice examination (60 questions).
- The Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) requires the satisfactory completion of a 2 hour examination (45 multiple choice questions).
- An introduction to food hygiene
- Non-bacterial food poisoning
- Food Allergens
- Food borne infections
- Bacterial food poisoning
- Food contamination
- Food storage and temperature control
- Food preservation
- Personal hygiene
- Food safety training
- Design of premises and equipment
- Pest control
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Supervisory management
- Food legislation
Candidates who successfully complete the multiple choice course examination will achieve the Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Manufacturing.
A comprehensive course handbook is provided for each course member.
The course is normally run on one or two days per week over several weeks. Intensive courses, run on consecutive days, can be arranged if required.