ADVANCED FOOD SAFETY TRAINING
LEVEL 4 AWARD IN FOOD SAFETY
MANAGEMENT FOR MANUFACTURING
(Formerly the Advanced Food Hygiene Certificate)
A Six Day Course*
All who require an in-depth knowledge of food safety for food manufacturing operations.
To enable course members to organise food manufacturing operations in an effective and hygienic manner by providing them with a comprehensive knowledge of food safety issues. Those gaining this award will also be eligible to train others in food safety (providing they have appropriate experience and training qualifications).
Awarding Bodies and Assessment Requirements
There is a choice of the Awarding Body and assessment requirements for this qualification, clients may choose as follows:
- The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) requires the satisfactory completion of a controlled work based food safety assignment (2 hours under exam conditions) and a 2½ hour examination.
- The Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) requires the satisfactory completion of two separate examinations – 1½ hour (5 questions) and 1 hour (case study).
- An introduction to food safety
- Bacterial food poisoning
- Food borne infections
- Non-bacterial food poisoning
- Food allergens
- Food contamination
- Food storage and temperature control
- Food preservation
- Personal hygiene
- The training and education of food handlers
- Design and construction of food premises and equipment
- Pest control
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Food safety management systems (including HACCP)
- Food legislation
This 6 day course is run to suit the needs of the client. This may be one or two days per week over several weeks or intensively over consecutive working days. The examination day is also arranged to suit.
* Plus one day for the examination