A Two Day Course
All who need to train work based skills to small groups or on a one-to-one basis. The course is particularly useful for team leaders/supervisors who have no previous experience in training.
To give course members the skills, knowledge and practical experience required to plan, develop and deliver effective work based training sessions.
Day 1 – Training Theory
- An introduction to training
- The trainer’s role
- The learning process
- Barriers to effective training
- Designing a training session
- Job breakdown
- Training aids
- Trainer notes
- Trainee handouts
- Planning and preparing for a training session
- Presenting a training session
- The trainer/trainee relationship
- The keys to successful training
- Communication skills
- Problem trainees
- Evaluating training effectiveness
Day 2 – Practical Training Sessions
- Final preparation
- Individual delivery
Training Session Preparation
Course members will be required to design and develop a short practical training session which they will present on Day 2.
Subjects for these training sessions will be decided prior to the start of the course and course members will be required to carry out some preparation outside of course time.